HT lead length.

I've just fitten new HT lead (carbon not copper) to my car.

They are way to long and will not lie neatly. DUe to thier length they touch each other and the bonnet roof.

Is it possible to cut carbon HT leads and reposition the connecter on th eDIzzy cap side?

Reply to
DannyBoy

Yes - if they are of the type I'm used to. Carefully open up the brass sleeve and remove. You'll then find a wire hook that goes down inside the centre core - remove this also. Cut the wire to length with sharp sidecutters making sure not to stretch the centre 'core'. Push the wire in place, and carefully re-crimp the sleeve.

Reply to
Dave Plowman