I know I shouldn't...

...but I'm thinking of buying a Citroen (again).

This time I'm after a thoroughly practical car that I can throws bikes and dogs inside and help the kids move flats and the Berlingo seems to tick more boxes for me than any other car.

I have got used to my creature comforts though and I want air con and cruise control. I've had a look at the Citroen configuration but it's useless at telling you spec in detail.

Ideally looking for a low mileage used car. If this isn't a vehicle to be avoided like the plague, which spec model should I be looking for and any common faults to watch out for?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Current-shape B'ling(or Pug Partner, same thing but for the different badge), then, rather than the original?

They're fairly bomb-proof, being vans, with the usual caveats about low- mileage diesels and DPFs.

Reply to
Adrian

Should add... Petrols are the "Prince" family, shared with the Mini.

Reply to
Adrian

I have driven quite a few Berlingo vans over the years and can't fault them for what they are.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

In message , Tim+ writes

I'd be looking at a Citroen ID19 but nothing later than 1961 ;)

Paul Giverin

God, looking through those gave me flashbacks, it was like 'nam all over again. Thank goodness I gave myself a Christmas present back in the nineties: no more French vehicles from customers, it transformed my life.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Apologies for inducing your post traumatic stress disorder. I appreciate that French cars are somewhat "challenging" to maintain but the Citroen ID/DS models did have style by the bucket full.

Reply to
Paul Giverin