ICE Bluetooth

My oldie saab has excellent sony stereo, but no bluetooth. I use a 'false' tape cassette which has a phono wire attached.

Just wonder if there is a similar cassette with bluetooth? It would need electrical power, of course, maybe a small internal battery. But better than fiddleing with connection wires. Does this exist?

Reply to
johannes

I picked up a Bluetooth audio receiver of ebay a while ago. Outputs to a jack socket so you could plug your tape adapter into it.

Reply to
Scott M

Very unlikely.

Cassette head units died out, replaced by CD, long before BT became popular.

Reply to
Adrian

this would do it using your cassette adapter, you would need a female to female lead.

there are plenty of similar things cheaper too, such as
again you would need your cassette thing and a female to female lead.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for this, looks good. Another reason for going BT is that the phono jack is poor design IMO; it doesn't wear well by continued usage, then you may get dropouts. But at least with BT, you can keep it together and avoid moving it about e.g. like if a passenger plugs it in to her phone or tablet.

Reply to
johannes

Currently out of stock, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Wow, just what I had in mind. But stangely no brand name to search for? Just the "Bluetooth Cassette Adapter".

Reply to
johannes

Yes:

You can also pair it with your phone.

Note that as with all similar devices, you need to charge the internal battery via USB, negating some of the convenience.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

But whoever disigned the small phono jack...grrr. They work ok in the beginning for a new device, then the socket wear out and becomes unreliable.

Reply to
johannes