Immobiliser Fault? Vauxhall Zafira. Help Please!!!

I never have much luck with my cars. V reg Vauxhall zafira just stopped

Engine was turning over but nothing else happening. Almost like it ha ran out of fuel (but it hadn't).

AA man couldn't help. Towed me home. The local garage are sayin their machine is telling them the immobiliser indicater is tellin them something is wrong there. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong wit fuel pump etc.

Garage chap a bit baffled and as a small place he said something abou having to get an electrial tester to have a look on Tuesday after th bank holiday.

anyone else had this happened to them

-- fedup

Reply to
fedup

Vauxhalls flash the engine management light if the immobiliser is inhibiting starting.

I take it things like the cambelt have been checked? Ecotec's (assumimg its petrol) aren't the most belt friendly and require a change every 40k or so. Even at that, they still shed belts like a dogs winter coat.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

thanks for the reply sandynuts. It doesn't have a cam belt. It' diesel. Garage still stumped today, but don't think it's immobilise anymore (?!). Garage chap is going to phone a friend who knows abou diesels!!

Any other suggestions welcome though

-- fedup

Reply to
fedup