Indicator Problems with a trailer on

I have a Renault Laguna Estate 1998. It is fitted with a Towsure Trailer kit with a relay in the rear which sounds when operating. I have twice been out for extended periods with the car and each time the indicators have failed completely to operate after beign used several times. The hazards operate o.k. with trailer still attached and taking the trailer off does not clear the fault. I gather the same relay is used for the indicators and the hazards. No fuses blow and the relay appears to be o.k. Last time the switch was replaced and the fault cleared but it is getting expensive replacing switch assemblies every time the trailer comes out.

Any ideas?

Russell

Reply to
Russ

Are the trailer electrics and plug in good condition, no damp or shorts between contacts? From personal experience they tend to suffer from being outside. If there is a problem it may transfer to car electrics.

Reply to
Steptoe