Inside/Outside thermometer - Any ideas?

Hi all

Got an inside/outside thermometer for my car, and was wondering how to go about fixing it. Any ideas?

It doesn't really give much guidance on the box, but does say to keep it away from the engine and any heat sources. And that the best place on an auto is behind the bumper at the front of the car. How would you get the lead to go from inside to outside of the car?

Any help or suggestions appreciated

Donna

Reply to
Donna

The one I got from lidl had a very long lead for the outside sensor, you need to find a large grommet hole to get the sensor through, then keep the wire next to other wiring, my sensor was sticky backed. the main unit I fixed with sticky pads to the dash.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanx for that, will put it in tomorrow :o)

Donna

Reply to
Donna

If you look inside the engine compartment, at the bulkhead, the bit between the engine and the inside of the car, you should see various cables and wires coming through there, usually through rubber grommets. Chose one which is large and does not have too many cables and push it through there. Make sure you can get to it inside the car without taking the dash out !!.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton