Insurance Questions and Previa question...

First, I have a young lass from Kazakhstan staying with me (no, not like that, and no, not Borat.....) helping out with the kids etc, school and shopping and stuff, and I'm trying to see if I can get her covered on my insurance. Thing is, she's 19 (20 in aug), holds a full internation driving licence. Tried a few online ones, like superquote, and my own insurer, they kinda laughed....

It's not essential, just would be helpful here if she could drive sometimes. Whether the Kazakhstan drivers test is onerous enough I don't know, but I've been to Russia and the way they drive....

Anyway, other thing...

My boring old fart Previa has started making an odd noise from the rear. Usually over a bump, or hard turns up my hilly drive, sounds like it's run over a piece of sheet metal or a loose manhole cover. A bit like one flex of a peice of sheet metal if you can imagine that. Or like the noise of a football being sloged against a metal garage door. Any ideas before I whip the wheels off? Nothing seems wrong from a cursory suspension inspection and the car feels fine to drive it's boring way.

And a third thing while I'm on a roll! I still have my Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso Auto, regularly rallied up my admittedly quite long drive, mot'd but not taxed or insured. I'm itching to use it but the insurance question is rearing it's head again. It's the old 'can I have two cars on one policy cos I only drive one at any time' question. Or at least two lots of no claims. 20 years of blemish free driving, no points no accidents. Seen LOADS in my rear-view mirror though.....

Any help gratefully recieved..

Steve

Reply to
Ste

No. I believe policies are specific to cars. You used to be able to get rider only policies for motorbikes but they're as rare as hen's teeth now.

Each policy can have no claims discount applied to it I would have thought.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc