Interior stain removal

My mother decided it would be a good idea to throw up in the back of my car on Friday night at the beginning of a long drive home in the pissing wet rain. Not only was this a deeply unpleasant experience for all involved, it has left me with a pale stain on my dark-coloured upholstery.

I cleaned it as best as I could on Friday night, but had to leave it yesterday as I was out all day. I returned to the car today to find it stinks, and that the stain wasn't affected by the initial bout of cleaning.

Smell doesn't bother me that much, a bit of fibreze or whatever it's called and a dozen magic trees will kill that off.

Today I had a crack at removing the stain. I've blitzed it with foam upholstery cleaner, diluted 1001 carpet shampoo and a Vanish stain removal bar, to no effect. I've given up for the time being due to poor lighting and not wanting to wear the seat away.

Any ideas what will shift it once and for all?

Reply to
A.

Hmm, nice :-)

I assume she was the one who had to sit on it the rest of the way home? :-)

What kind of dark colour? Black? Dark grey? Navy blue? Perhaps might be worth trying to see if you could treat it with a cold fabric dye of the correct colour, to dye the stained area back to the colour it should be.

Dunno how well it'd work, but it might be worth a try.

Cheers

Dave P

Reply to
David Precious

Take it to a valet and ask them to steam clean it, if it can be shifted with a cheap valet and steam clean then find a written off or scrap car and get the seats out of that match yours is the only real decent way to get it back!

Reply to
Will

I think hiring a steam cleaner or paying for a valet is possibly the only way. There are also some nasty acids that could have permanently stained it, but I don't think that is likely.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.