Intrepid's automatic headlamp switch

Anyone know how to get the automatic mode to work on the Dodge Intrepid's headlamp switch? Have a mate that is having trouble getting his to work.

Reply to
dsr

Oh FFS, why do you stupid yanks keep asking questions about your oversized, underpowered inefficient monstrosities on UK newsgroups?

We don't have your crap cars over here!

The Dervboy

Reply to
DervBoy

They are all the same up under the dash. No space to stick your head in and see. Felt around with my hand and finally found the three screws that hold the bloody thing in place. Thanks!

Reply to
dsr

Actually, and ignoring the fact that you've made a racist comment about Americans, the Dodge Intrepid is neither oversized nor underpowered.

The 2.7 has around 200 PS, the 3.5 has another 50, but both have lashings of torque.

It's slightly bigger than the current Mondeo.

They have a sporty stance, handle well and have an excellent ride - impressive bits of kit.

Unadjusted for the smaller gallons, I averaged just over 30 mpg from the 2.7 Intrepid I hired in California, and that's in the summer with the air conditioning on flat out. That's just over 36 mpg.

Okay, okay, so that's around and about 65% highway with the cruise set at /cough/ 85, 15% exploring the succient growling it makes over 5,500 rpm in the foot hills :) and the rest ambling about town.

Glorious engine, very smooth and quiet, unless you were holding it in a lower gear! :)

Neon, Viper, Jeep, Wrangler, Corvette, PT Cruiser, and a few more. Oh, and a lot of BMWs and Mercs these days, too. :o)

Reply to
DervMan