Is a fixed headlight an MOT failure

Car is a 96 Renault Clio, drivers side headlight and sidelight smashed by kamikazi deer.

I've replaced the headlight and sidelight with one from a scrapper but the replacement doesn't have the mechanism to connect to the headlight level adjuster. So now there is a headlight adjuster in the car which moves the passenger side light but not the driver's side.

Is this OK or will it fail an MOT. Should I just remove the adjuster?

Thanks for any advice Mike

Reply to
Mike

As long as the beams are properly adjusted and aligned at the time of the test IMHO you should be OK.

Reply to
Merryterry

dont remove the adjuster as the reflector will flop about, then it will fail, as long as both aims are within limits you will be fine, might be worth just letting the tester know as he might tweak it for you while he's doing the test, which is acceptable practice by VOSA, as long as its not a full strip down to do the adjusting.

Reply to
reg

Thanks, this is what I was hoping Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks,

I'll leave the adjuster in place and get the lights adjusted before the MOT

Mike

Reply to
Mike