Is Tesla S a Jagua XF with electric power?

Have you noticed how the cars look alike? Look also carefully at the rear doors how they angle with the body. Where did Tesla get the design from?

Reply to
johannes

No, they have a passing similarity - no more.

Tesla buy a lot of the running gear in from Mercedes, I believe.

Reply to
Adrian

Their earlier offering was based on a Lotus. Since their main 'thing' is electric propulsion, it would make sense to use an existing car as a base.

Reply to
Davey

Yes, it was. This one isn't.

It might do, but they haven't.

Reply to
Adrian
[...]

Recent announcements would suggest that their main thing is energy storage:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Err, not. Conventional cars are designed around a conventional power train and fuel tank, etc.

With an electric car the batteries are larger than a fuel tank and the power train smaller.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nevertheless, the aim was the make the Tesla car look like conventional luxury car as much as possible. The body similarity with Jaguar XF is striking.

johannes

Hmm, as an XF owner I don't think it's that similar. More like the Maserati Quattroporte in my opinion.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Kia Optima:

Mind you, I think the current Jag. XJ and XF look like Korean cars, especially the plastic fantasic Matsui interiors.

Reply to
SteveH

Is it your time of the month again? You can get pills for PMT you know.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Touch a nerve?

Get better reliability from a Kia, too ;)

Reply to
SteveH

Not in the slightest. Just amused by your attempt at a feeble put down rather than admit to an envy of Jags and Teslas.

Handy if you're poor.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm just perusing my next car choice. Jags aren't offered as they're depreciation pits and have questionable reliability... so it'll be an E class, 5 series or A6, no doubt. Unless I go for the charm of a smurf blue V60.

Reply to
SteveH

Still?, It though they had that engineered out of them now red robbo wasn't around anymore?..

A6 or 5 BM?. Sorted:-)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Have you seen the Wiki about Derek Robinson? Makes interesting reading...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Common cars though, see them all the time...

Reply to
johannes

Yes thats why people buy them, there're good quality products;)...

Reply to
tony sayer