Is there a catch here?

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with the door lock / alarm switch on a Vauxhall Combo van, and I could really use a workshop manual to try and figure out how it all works. After searching the web I found this:

It seems ludicrously cheap at £15. Usually when something seems too good to be true, that's because it is. Has anyone tried one of these CD's, and if so is it worth bothering with?

Cheers,

Nick.

Reply to
Sparky

Max the Axe

Try ebay, loads cheaper. Just do a search for Vauxhall TIS. I've got the ford one, very useful, has loads of extra stuff that the Haynes manual doesn't have, like technical bulletins with common faults. It is still well worth having a Haynes manual as well though.

Reply to
Dave Griffs

OTOH you can print the pages you want to take to the job, throw them away after and don't have to put up with a filthy thumbprinted manual for the rest of the cars life. I have all the rover 8 series workshop manuals on disk (not from that seller though) invaluable considering they go into far further in depth than the haynes ever will.

Ad

Mad Ad

Tried the Vauxhall and the Ford TIS - the Ford is actually quite useful, the VX is rather less so. For the VX you're constantly referred to Tech-2 test diagnostic procedures that (without a Tech 2) you can't achieve. There are *some* useful tidbits, but basically the VX one is awkward to get anything really relevant and useful out of.

Reply to
Mike Dodd