Is there anyway of checking the MAF sensor on a Ford Mondeo?

Hi

I have a problem that my mechanic seems to think is the MAF sensor, he's not getting any reading from it at all. He's advised me to get one from the scrap-yard.

The only thing is, I don't want to go to the scrap-yard and end up buying another faulty one, is there any easy way of checking?

BTW, symptons are lumpy-idling, almost stalls when you put your foot on the accelerator and sometimes the car cuts out for a second whilst driving.

Thanks Kev

Reply to
Mantorok