Is this the day Usenet died?

No posts showing up today in any of the groups I read when normally there'd be hundreds. Clearly something in the system has gone pop.

Reply to
Dave Baker

"Dave Baker" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Just your server, Dave. It's all working fine here.

Reply to
Adrian

...and here also.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

'course, Dave won't actually SEE these replies...

Reply to
Adrian

I thought the whole system is designed to survive a nuclear holocaust?

Reply to
GB

:-)

Of course he will. He's sensible enough to check via Google Groups.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I did, a couple of times during the day yesterday, and there was nothing showing up there either. Everything has finally appeared sometime last night between now, 7am, and when I last checked in at about 2am I think it was.

Reply to
Dave Baker

datemas.de does this fairly frequently. I had nothing show up yesterday either.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat