is this the right block number?

Went round to local car spares to order a clutch kit..

These are the numbers i saw on the top of the block KJ25943A and further to the right ST196533(or 5 most likley i think)

He couldnt find any matching numbers to relate to in his book, either ford or pug. I couldnt just buy both and take back the wrong one as he has to special order them...

Now i have never had a Ford (or a Pug either)

all i know its a 2.3 sierra diesel, and you lot said the same as a pug, so im hoping you smart guys can tell me what correct number i need.

Im sure one of you will tell me what im doing wrong..

Must admit while on the way back (before the tow truck) people were laughing and smiling and taking fotos..

Now at the moment just removing the eagle etc decals as the old fella was a country and western fan yeeehaaaa!! (oh i had to alert the neighbours with a quick blast of the last post airhorns)

later today i should have some fotos up on my website so you can all tell me what ya think...

Reply to
Jules

ST is the code for a diesel 2.5 fitted to granadas/scorpio in 1985

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Sierra 2.3 engine codes are YTT and YTR depending on year

peugeot do not have KJ or ST numbers, so it looks as though it is a 2.5d from a granada

Reply to
Mrcheerful

ah, i shall pop back to the car spares...thanks!

Reply to
Jules

went back to the car spares shop...and doesnt match at all. he hasnt got a clue and only going from his book.

Reply to
Jules

Off topic I know, but...

If/when it gets written off/scrapped, check the diff, some 2.3D Sierras had the "hens teeth" 3.14 (I think) diff, which is the one the bike-engined-car builders pay 3-4 hundred for on ebay...

Like this one

Tony (UncleFista)

For a 3.14:1 Diff? Why? All V6 Capris come with 3.07 and the rest of the Capri range is 3.44 and 3.77 (shared with Essies) with the Anglia van going up to 4.4:1

Fuck all point going for a 3.14:1 and paying through the nose.

Reply to
Conor

Cos bike engines rev higher, so the 3.14 is what they want for a slightly less frantic cruising. Fair enough about the Capri diffs, but Jesus christ what do Capri axles weigh ? I carried an Escort axle across a field today over my shoulder and it wasn't funny, a Capri axle would've taken a forklift, and these bike engines aren't exactly brimming with torque.

I know that, and you know that, but a thing is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, and people seem to be willing to pay silly money for the right diff :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

3.09:1 in a V6 Capri innit?
Reply to
Pete M

I had a 3.14:1 CWP in my Cosworth. Very nice mod if you've got the power and torque to use it properly :-D

Reply to
Pete M

I think that it is most likely that the vehicle in question has got a cortina axle, not a sierra.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Did a quick search on Google & not a lot of things come up for them, but there was this link from last year of another owner

he has a totally different engine but might be able to get you in touch with other people who have them There was at least 2 at Stoneleigh kitcar show a couple of months ago & Newark kitcar show is next weekend so if you have other transport might be worth a journey over to try to hook up with other owners. Lad across road from my father built one a few years ago & I'm sure only sold it a couple of years ago, that's assuming he sold it & didn't move away, hence not seeing it anymore. As he's only just outside Worksop I could call round & ask him if he has any information for you if you wanted.

Reply to
Alan Smith

Scrap all that then :)

So it's a campervan with a Sierra engine and Cortina axle ? Weird :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Hardly. I can carry a Capri axle by hand. They're not much heavier than an Escort one. All you want is the diff and you can shove that in an Escort axle. Plenty of the essie boys buy the Capri LSD axles.

Reply to
Conor

It's a bike engine..they don't do torque.

Reply to
Conor

WTF? I'm only running 3500RPM @ 70MPH on a 3.77:1 1.6 Capri axle.

Reply to
Conor

Ah, yes. I don't do small engines, tend to forget...

Reply to
Pete M

A bike normally drives out on a 25ish tooth sprocket to a 60 odd rear, then drives a 18" wheel so if you drive direct to the axle & then out on

13-14" wheels I assume you'll need low ratio so you can use all 13k rpm. I could of course be wrong as I've never had anything to do with BEC's
Reply to
Alan Smith

Just in case your mad enough to want one

if you just want the number on ebay 280235148694

Reply to
Alan Smith

or if you just want the number on ebay 280235148694 im watching that out of interest.

this is the one i won (now minus the decals, and yank number plates etc yeha) oh and wheel trims...

140237482587
Reply to
Jules