It cant be global warming

My wifes 2005 vectra indicates an outside temperature 0f 67.8 deg C,the obvious thing is the thermistor under the front bumper has anyone had the same prob and fixed it by replacing it ?. There probably not that expensive but to avoid wasting time I thought it was worth asking. Thx

Reply to
Pat

It was in the drivers wing mirror on Cavs.

Reply to
gazzafield

I know a in a company I worked at, they had to build 6 identical servers, to be hosted by a client, at about 3 times what the parts cost to build. All good dual processor machines, with big internal and external raid arrays.

After spending a fortune on what would be good soldid kit, it was handed over to the engineering dept, to have it built, so it could be installed.

There appeared to be an issue with several of them booting, so one of our guys took the case cover off to see.

The motherboard had 20pin ATX headers, but the PSUs had 24pin in some of the cases (PSUless cases with the PSUs taken from our internal stock).

So, on those cases, rather than trim the addition PSU header off and make it separate, with a swift cut with a craft knife, they had taken a chisel to 3 of the motherboards, and knocked off a case fan header, and bent back 3 of the power caps, to allow the extra plastic part to squeeze in. Because it had no case fan, and possibly a broken cap connection from being mauled with, those three mobos were scrap, as they couldn't run reliably as specced, with the cases on, in the rack (had to use thermo controlled fans rather than permanent running because of noise issues).

So like every sensible ISP, they superglued the broken fan headers back in place, then requested an RMA as "The case fan headers aren't working, and it is freezing". Got it too.

Reply to
Elder