jag door locking

hi 2 all,

my s type has this auto door locking when setting off, don't suppose anyone knows how to disable it?

ta in advance

Reply to
reven

From my experience's with S'Types (3.0v6) you wont need to, pretty soon it will just go wrong and the doors will either lock shut or open anyway....... An the wheel bearings will need replacing after 50,000 miles. Andy the steering rack will start leaking badly after 50,000 miles.

Just out of interest though, why do you want to disable it?

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

You're such a cynic.

I mean, you are talking about one off fords finest brands off car here. It's not as though they use the same questionable quality parts that they use in their cheaper models.

On a slightly different subject, do you know that the new Freelander will be using the 2.0 litre diesel that Jaguar uses? That'll be the one that Jaguar got out the Ford Mondeo then. Which was originally designed for the Transit. I wonder how many Jaguar owners would be upset to find out there cars got a Transit engine...

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Moray Cuthill (moray_dot snipped-for-privacy@v21.me.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, which was first used in the Cit Xantia...

Reply to
Adrian

so, anyone wanna buy a jag then .............

Reply to
reven

Nope. Surprisingly the new transit engine was all fords own effort. Not like the smaller rebadged PSA engines.

Ooops, did I say rebadged? What I really meant was the engines produced by the Ford/PSA joint venture.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

It is.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Moray Cuthill (moray_dot snipped-for-privacy@v21.me.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So it *is* the PSA HDi lump.

Reply to
Adrian

No, that's in the Focus.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, the Mondeo/X-Type/Transit (and soon LR Defender) all use Ford's "Puma" TDCi engine. The engine in the 307/407/C4/C5/Focus/S40/V50 etc. is the PSA DW10 2.0 engine.

The full list of the PSA/Ford shared engine projects is:

PSA DV4 1.4 HDI (C2/C3/Fiesta/Fusion/206) PSA DV6 1.6 HDI (C3/Picasso/206/Fiesta/Focus/C4/S40) Ford Lynx 1.8 TDCI (Old model Focus/Transit Connect) Ford Puma 2.0TDCI (Mondeo/Transit/X-Type) PSA DW10 2.0 HDI (New Focus/C-Max/307/407/C4/C5/S40/V50) Ford Puma 2.2TDCI (Mondeo) PSA DW12 2.2 HDI (407/C5) Ford Lion 2.7V6 TDCI (S-Type/Discovery/607)

I've not got the full list of applications there, and there are other engines on the way, bust you get the jist of it.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Tucker