Jeep Cherokee - maintenance & costs

Hi -

Thinking about buying one of these, as a practical second car, load-carrier & tow-truck.

The interweb seems to think they're practically bombproof - simple, solid engine & drivetrain, no tinworm problems, tough if nasty interior. Then again, the interweb is a septic conspiracy so can it be believed....?

Any experience or comments about how practical they are? I know they're appalling on the fuel costs & insurance, presumably road tax too, but is this "last forever' reputation justified or realistic in UK pls?

Cheers

Reply to
Steve Walker

the last one I saw was an absolute POS , I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

ive seen the doors fall off these things, as the hinges that are welded to the A pillar are s**te & they suffer from rear diff failures.

Reply to
reg

Dunno, but there are a hell of a lot of LPG ones about. Discos, Rangeys and Jeeps seem to be the most common LPGised vehicles around.

Reply to
Doki

Doki ("Doki" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Is it a great surprise? Plenty of space underneath to hang tanks if you don't plan on offroading it (or inside if you do) and the kind of thirst that'll quickly repay the conversion.

Reply to
Adrian

try honestjohn.co.uk or whatcar.com for issues and drivers/owners issues

Reply to
Tommy