Kangaroo juice in my Focus!

My 1.8 Zetec Focus is running like it has got Kangaroo juice in the tank. Started on xmas day. When I try to accelerate it jerks. Have tried new plug leads and also redex in the petrol but still the same. Was only serviced 2 months ago so plugs should still be ok. anyone got any ideas as to what I can try next. Was going to put in local garage, but all closed until 2nd jan and not paying ford or AA(Halfords) prices.

Reply to
clarky

Clutch position switch

Reply to
JK

WTF?! No such thing on the Focus anyhow.

More info please- what yr and how many miles? It sounds like an HT lead problem to me- what "new plug leads" did you try?

The Zetec E engine is very particular about the condition of its plugs and leads...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Got my Breakdown service out today, (had at home cover) and plugged his computer in and diagnosed a faulty coil. Gave me the choice of either towing it to a garage, and having it stook there until New year, OR Just letting me go and get a new coil and fitting it myself.

Took the second option, £55 for coil and ten minutes to fit it. Problem solved.

Reply to
clarky

Renault per chance?or VW?

Steve

Reply to
Steev

Check down the plug holes and make sure there is no water there,Common problem,and the Spark plugs dont like sitting in all that water...

Steve

Reply to
Steev

Renault or VW don't make a Focus, only Ford !

Reply to
clarky

Sorry,You didnt say it was a Focus,And given the trouble Renault and VW have with coils i was just interested to know..

Steve

Reply to
Steev

In message , Steev writes

Have a look at the subject line and tell me how silly you feel :)))

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yep i sure do,did'nt realise it was the same person posting as the original post(must visit opticians!) Apologies to all..

Steve

Reply to
Steev