Kenwood car radio problem

My daughters car radio is a Kenwood combined Radio & CD unit It is fitted with a flip top fascia which also functions as a cover for the the CD player Its blank on one side and has an illuminated display on the other side

It must have a flexible connection which appears to have fractured because the display does not illuminate ... although the unit still functions I'm told it is a fairly common fault and must be repaired by Kenwood (sounds expensive)

Is there a cheaper repair altenative to using the manufacturer

Regards &TIA

Reply to
Nice but Dim

I had a pioneer one with a similar fault- it turned out the LCD display was backlit by a small bulb. I got a replacement from maplin and soldered it in.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Reply to
Nice but Dim

As you say then , it'll be the cable. In which case the cheaper solution is to open it up & resolder the cable.

Reply to
Duncan Wood