L plate Ford Fiesta 1.1 for spares/repairs - make offer

Got an L ('94) plate Ford Fiesta 1.1, 3 door, blue

Bad Points: MOT failure (misty rear number plate and emissions - all else OK), I've cleaned lambda, but have not replaced it or done anything with the CAT. Scratch on the rear n/s and front n/s door handle missing (as from yesterday). Engine tired, but not too bad, got a few years left, definately. Drinks oil, but not smokey. If you have a CAT I'm 90% sure it'll go through emissions ... but can't guarantee it.

Good points: 3 nearly new tyres, one new tire. All else in good condition for age. New plugs and leads. Starts well now. MOT till April (so you can still drive it). All electrics work etc. Good runner.

Scrappy say they'll offer me £30-£40 to take it off my hands. I would buy a new CAT and try and get an MOT, but been offered a nice car for £250 with new MOT, not worth the hassle.

So looking for an offer in excess of £40 - be availble in a week I should imagine. Located Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP2.

Offers by email please - will consider highest offer

aaron A.T webbedfeetuk D.0T com

Thanks

Reply to
Aaron Whiffin

I would say the scrappy is being very generous. £30-40 is probably if you drain all the fludis from it yourself & take the tryes off.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

True, but if someone else in the local area has an old Fiesta and needs a few bits, it may be worthwhile for them to have it, then sell it to a scrapy themselves for £20.

Could get 4 tyres plus a whole other load of bits for £20.

Worth a shot, if not I'll scrap

Reply to
Aaron Whiffin

:s7XQf.35861$ snipped-for-privacy@fe65.usenetserver.com...

Or of course, someone mayhave access to a cheap CAT ... then may get an MOT on it ...

Reply to
Aaron Whiffin

Copy+paste that to ebay, add a piccy, ...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Like the aforementioned scrappy? ;-)

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Did that before, and didn't get as much as I wanted, could put a reserve tho I spose.

I think £40 from a scrappy is good - just hope someone wants to beat it!

Reply to
Aaron Whiffin

Ha ha - yeah, definitely.

The garage I failed the MOT at asked about it, but I wasn't entirely convinced that they wouldn't just run it through again and it would pass ;o)

Either way, no good for me :o(

Reply to
Aaron Whiffin