Laguna 2.0 Dynamique 51 plate starting problems

Hi fellow googlers Dunno if you can possibly help, but i am looking for help regarding my Laguna. My main problem is starting. A few weeks ago, it refused to start a couple of times, now yesterday and today its refused to start every other time i have tried. When i stick the card in, and press the ignition button, there is a fairly loud click, which sounds like the relay coming in. The lcd display light goes off, and remains off for about 4 secs then another quieter click and every thing returns to normal. I then have to stick the car into gear, depress the clutch pedal, then roll back the car and release the clutch. When i then try to retart the car it starts perfectly and purrs like a kitten.

Any suggestions would be appriciated

Reply to
Steve_nch

Given its a 5yr old Laguna, in all probability your problems are only just begining, but in the meantime, at the moment it's almost certainly a duff starter motor.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Sounds like a sticky starter motor solenoid. Does it start if you hit the starter with a hammer?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Get it sorted, then get rid of it. They're attrocious, and you should know it!

Reply to
David R

I hav'nt tried hitting it with a hammer yet. I am getting some axel stands this week, so will have a better look then, and try hitting it cheers

Reply to
Steve_nch

I wasn't joking with the 'sell it' comment - they are serious trouble after a few years. All sorts will start to go wrong at once, and you'll wish you'd sold it whilst it was still roughly working not too badly.

Reply to
David R

I'll reiterate what I said before, and add to David's response just to make sure you are not in any doubt that both the current Laguna and Megane's are total trouble after about year 3, and if you are unlucky. a nightmare upto this point too!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..