Laguna Bonnet Stuck Shut ! - Anybody advise on opening ?

Hi all,

I have an R plate 2.0 Estate Renault Laguna.

Danmed bonnet is stuck shut. Lever in car moves, but no response and fails to release the bonnet.

Any advice on how to open without using a tin opener or BIG crowbar !

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Try having someone push the bonnet down whilst you pull the bonnet release. Might just be enough, unless something is broken. Cable etc. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I'm sorry to hear that.

Have a poke around behind the area of the lever (detaching the lever if necessary). It's quite possible that the cable has become detached from the lever itself. You may be able to reattach it, or grab the end of the cable with a pair of pliers and give it a yank to release the bonnet.

While the bonnet's released, the cable will be slack so you may be able to reattach it to the lever. However it's probably the plastic of the lever that has failed, so you might need to find a replacement lever in a scrapyard.

Reply to
fishman

Reply to
dscharl

lie under front of car and with a torch look up , on right and left sides you can reach up with a long screwdriver and re lease the catches manualy.

Reply to
dscharl

:)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

If you do the passenger side one first it normally releases the drivers side as well.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

They all do that sir

Its usually only a lug on the little plastic cable end retaining clip that breaks

Renault only supply a complete assembly of both latches and cable and wanted to charge £60 to open the bonnet then parts and labour to fit replacement

When this happened to me I asked a local lad (ex car thief ) who laid under the car put his hand up either side of the rad and flicked the catches. Took maybe 20 seconds

I made a replacement clip out of a bit of steel in about half an hour. Was still fine when I sold the car over a year later

Tony

Reply to
TMC