Laguna Heater/Air con

The heater on my Renault Laguna only blows warm when on 'hot' although the engine runs at normal temperature. Also my air con only blows cool. The fan blows as expected so I don't think I have a loose hose Are the two related or separate problems ? . I am thinking that I may need the air con 're-filling' as it is now 7 yrs old, so how much would I expect to pay.

Is the heater problem a DIY job or not.

TIA

Reply to
Merlin

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Am I missing something?

Stuart Sharp

Reply to
Stu

My Laguna doesn't have aircon - one less thing to go wrong ;o) - but apparently they can be re-gassed for not much money.

Laguna heaters are fairly notorious for poor heat output, a good flush out of the cooling system with plenty of clean water and refilling with new coolant helps (someone on this group also recommended using de-ionised water in place of tap water when refilling as it's not acidic). Good idea to change the thermostat at the same time (mine was about 8 quid from a motor factor).

Running at the correct temperature revealed some flaws in the cooling system, including a cracked expansion tank and the bleed screw missing... (all repaired now!).

Reply to
Carl Bowman

Have you tried replacing the 'Pollen filter' recently? Clogs up fairly rapidly and reduces airflow. HTH

Reply to
Pete > remove underscores

Yes.

The heater should be blowing "Hot" when on "Hot" and the air con should be blowing either hot or cold depending on what setting the heat control is set at.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Reply to
Merlin

Complete refill of aircon cost me 70quid a couple of years ago, but don't get it done until you have the heater sorted, because there's a chance you'll need to disturb it again to fix the heater.

I have been freezing at the wheel of my 97 2.2TD (with 'climate control') with wooly hat, gloves and windows open to keep screen clear since September and trying to trace a similar problem. Aircon and heater both blow very cold all the time. Flushed radiator and heater matirx - now my suspicion is that the cabin temperature sensor is telling lies. If it thinks its very hot, presumably that would explain the behaviour. Anyone know where it is? In the control unit in the centre fascia?

Reply to
swap the numerals to reach me