Laguna immobiliser

A friend has an N reg Laguna. It worked fine for a while then refused to start - and now the battery is flat as well.

Reading up on it I see there were numerous problems with the immobiliser.

Anybody know a way of disabling/bypassing/resyncing the immobiliser to get it going again?

I've found a google text-only cache of a PDF file (original long gone off the web...) that says how to resync lots of cars systems, but it only covers the Laguna II (Keycard) version.

Apparently there is a procedure you can use involving the accelerator pedal and a button on the steering column to enter the immobiliser code, but I can't find any details.

Any suggestions? (Apart from 'scrap it' which I've already tried on him...)

Reply to
PC Paul

Autodata says: immobiliser can only be programmed with diagnostic equipment

models with 5 number key head marking: temporarily disable with 4 digit code as detailed in owners handbook

best I could see, sorry.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

immobiliser.

As an aside, you programme Hyundai and Proton immobilizers with a combination of accelorator and HRW button presses!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks for that. Knowing him, he'd be happy with entering a code every time... probably enjoy the geekiness ;-)

I'ver since found a reference to the procedure, in case anybody else finds it useful..

Key in ignition, in normal running position Press the accelerator pedal fully Press button on end of radio stalk the number of times given by the first digit Lift pedal Floor pedal press button number of times Lift pedal Floor pedal etc....

Reply to
PC Paul

let's hope there is no-one knocking on the window with a baseball bat.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Nah, I don't live in London...

On my old Astra I just took out the immobiliser and wired round it... most cost effective way since we had one plip and two regular drivers, and no real car theft problem round here.

It looks like this Laguna has the immobiliser as part of the ECU so that option is out :-(

Never did like Renault...

Reply to
PC Paul

You will find *all* immobilizers now are either part of the ECU, or part of the instrument panel, and cannot be physically bypassed, only via an FCR or by using a certain button pressing / key combination.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Still don't like Renault lol.

Anybody know whether the Laguna immobiliser can be permanently disabled?

Reply to
PC Paul

I had a laguna with a similar problem ,certain cars made where recalled cos it was a crap idea i guess. Check your car hasn't missed the recal mine did ,it also needed undersealing too.Check with renault or the AA site. Great car it was the 2L16v (N7Q engine)but too expensive too repair.Get an Alfa i did and love it!!!!!

Reply to
Helen Dean