LandRover Discovery speaker cables help

Hi,

My new old landrover discovery 1996 model came with defective and non- installed radio so I installed a JVC cd/radio instead. It was easy enough to make new wires for the speakers in the front-door and the little tweeters too. However, it is more difficult with the rear speakers. it should be mentioned there was no amp installed under the drivers seat either. I have tried to find out (by testing with a multimeter) which cables are for the rear speakers but no luck. Anybody have any suggestions of what to do?

Also, the guy that installed the new cd/radio for me made a botchjob out of it. Now the interior lights are not working and when they are 'turned on' the clock resets!!! I have no idea what he did. The radio/ cd requires power straight from battery (i.e. allways on power) and also power coming thru ignition. However the guy that installed it, connected both to the ignition power. Oh well, it sort of works.

In the bundle of wires that were to be attached to the original landrover radio, there is a purple wire that seems to have direct connection to the battery. This wire was cut and left hanging. If I connect this wire to the power of the cd/radio that requires this permanent battery connection, then the clock turns off (fades fast).

Whats going on with this clock and interior lights??

Unfortunately I have no manuals, only for range rover and landrover discovery II, but I don't think the wiring is the same. I am located in Africa and there are no qualified workshops around.

Any ideas/help would be greatful. F.ex. The read speakerwires, where are they running? how do I trace them? Also, to get the plastic panneling that covers the radio/aircon controls etc in the center of the dash board: I allmost got it, but are there screws behind the clock and coin-tray? I couldn't get the clock out and neither the coin-tray, is there a trick to this? I didn't want to damage anything. Please also reply to: tobias at itservices.co.mz Thanks

Tobias

Reply to
nsa.usa