Leaking Aircon on Modeo, Design Fault?

My Mondeo (02 Reg 80,000 miles), Aircon has packed up. I had it refilled a month ago and it has again lost its gas.

The aircon guy has found a pinhole leak on one of the pipes. Trapped under this pipe, very tightly against the body work, is an electrical wire. He says he has come across this before and it is the friction against the Aluminium pipe that has caused the pinhole.

Do I have a claim against Ford for faulty design?

Reply to
Merryterry

Doubtful after this age and mileage alas. :(

At least you can properly fix and erradicate the problem with your car now though..

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

In message , Merryterry writes

You may have a claim for up to six years under the Sale Of Goods Act (1979) if you can prove that the fault was "an inherent fault", that's to say a fault that was present at the time of purchase.

More info here:-

Sheets/page24700.html

Reply to
Paul Giverin