Leaky rad mk4 gold non ac

Basically got the tinest leak in the world, has lost any coolant in almost 2 months though! >> its leaking area of the bottom borner on the drivers side (mk4 golf) non ac.

The chap at GSF reckon I should just dunk k seal in the coolant to seal it and that should see the life of the car. (on about 82k) its a mk4 golf 1.6

16v 2001

My mechanic who just did the cambelt said thats stuff pure shit and does work but it gets everywhere like on bearings and some such and is a mess to deal with and recommended changing the rad for about £165 for the part genuine. He said he would fit it for free as hes done tons of work to the car and wanted to do a good turn :-) so he has nothing to gain from saying this.

Just wondering if I can save £65 and use k seal ? or go with what the mechanic says ?

does k seal really cause problems ? and he reckon should be avoided like the plague ?

Thanks

Reply to
Stephen

Those sealants can clog up the cooling system. I'd only use them on a very cheap car.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

to get it to an auction.

Reply to