Leather steering wheel

The leather's getting a bit smooth and shiney on my steering wheel, making it a bit slippy.

Anyone got any tips for pepping it up a bit?

Reply to
Me

If you don't mind how it will look afterwards, you could always take sand paper to it.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-man

The message from "Me" contains these words:

Saddle soap.

Reply to
Guy King

First, give it a good clean. Use ordinary toilet soap - the sort you use on your face - with a barely wet cloth, and rinse the cloth frequently. In other words, don't soak it in water.

If you've not cleaned it before, it will be filthy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

You ain't kidding. In an idle moment I started wiping a leather steering wheel with a a baby-wipe. By the time I got bored I'd used about ten and the dirt was still coming.

Reply to
Guy King

Talking about leather steering wheels, are covers from car accessory shops any good? I saw a plain black one for =C2=A310 in Halfords. Any good? Or are there better brands to go for.

Reply to
John Hearns

You manky git!

Reply to
gazzafield

Driving gloves dear boy, driving gloves.

ttfn!

Reply to
James Dore

I had the Halfords one & it was fine.

Reply to
DuncanWood

The message from "gazzafield" contains these words:

It was the wife's car. My wife /is/ that dirty!

Reply to
Guy King

Phone number?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I shall rephrase that to "you lucky git!"

Reply to
gazzafield