Lidl Battery Charger

I'm thinking of getting one of the Lidl battery chargers they are selling this week. Has anyone bought one? Any good?

bucket

Try tinyurl - it works better and has much less clutter.

Reply to
dave

Yup - bought a few as Xmas presents. Punches well above its weight. It charges a very low battery as fast as my so called 11 amp Halfords one. Despite being a fraction of the size.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can't see any spec on them Dave. Do you know if it has a low charge rate for the smaller (motorcycle) batteries (and if so what)?

I have the Aldi version and that does High / Low and 12/6V.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, it has a bike battery setting, a car setting and a setting with a frost symbol against it. I've not looked at the destructions, but presume the frost symbol is maximum setting for getting a flat battery charged up on a cold morning. I'm well happy for £9.99. Graham Ps sorry for using the wrong tinyurl site. Awful aint it.

Reply to
bucket

Sounds identical to the Aldi one. The only weakness with the Aldi one is that it won't charge a really flat battery. Put a dumb charger on it for a few minutes and it'll be happy enough though. The Aldi charger automatically cuts out and tops up.

Reply to
Doki

I got one a couple of years back. Great little charger. Once charged it goes into float mode so can safely be left connected without risk of damaging battery by overcharging. Can't remember the exact spec but I think the bike setting is 1.2 amp, normal setting is 3.6A and the frost setting is the same

3.6A but increases the charging voltage slightly to about 15.5v. if the battery is under 10v the charger uses pulse mode to try prevent sulphating, but as mentioned it won't kickstart a totally flat battery.
Reply to
Redwood

Yes it does.

It has 6/12 and a 'maintenance' setting. Which means it can be left on indefinitely with any size battery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks guys.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

The company, Tronic, used to sell some really nice aircon recharge stuff through Autocraft in Somerset. Nice gear and good prices, I'd definitely chance one at a tenner given previous experience servicing and selling their AC kit.

Reply to
Clint Sharp