Light scratch

Well I've given the car a good clean today and noticed some suspicious light scratchs. I think its the local kids passing up and down peoples cars every

5 minutes.

Whats best to way to remove them ?

Tried a product called safe cut which hasn't done much.

Reply to
Matt

"Matt" wrote

T-Cut Colour Fast is quite good IME. It comes in various colours and you buy the one closest to your car's colour.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

Abduction would upset their parents, so, perhaps a supersoaker?

Reply to
DervMan

Call the local plod.

Not that they'll bother to come out.

Been there, done that :-(

Al.

Reply to
Al

hehehe

damn kids just kicked a football into the fella next doors new Audi TT he screaming a riot outside. I know kids need a place to play but next to someones car it is not. They must have booted the ball as there is a big ball dent in the door, crickey I doubt thats going to be cheap.

Reply to
Matt

Over time we've tried that they don't come out, they don't do anything in such cases I think they are a waste of space. But if you clip one round the ear or tell em to f*ck off they'll happily come and arrset you.

..../me thinks pee-shooter

Reply to
Matt

Will check that out tommorow, guess halfords is the likley suspect to have it. My brother in law says T-cut can be quite abrassive and said he puts a bit of polish on a cloth and then some t-cut to kind of thin it down and then rubs it in and always works nicely followed by some bees wax polish or regular wax.

Reply to
Matt

Is that in a super-soaker filled with real pee ;)

Reply to
Brian

So that wasn't just playing was it? Sounds more intentional to me. Find out who the kids father is and do the same to his car. But then you would get arrested. Such a pity things have got so bad now that the idiot do-gooders are in charge. When I was in France last year at a firework display, a kid decided to throw firecrackers around. He was ignored until one landed at the feet of a family group. The father caught hold of the kid and gave him such a belt round the ear, I saw his head reel back. Nothing was said, and any police nearby turned the other way. We had no further problems with kids throwing fireworks though.

Reply to
Brian

That defo sounds like deliberate to me. :( the fella knew which kid did it as he owned up and said "you can't do f*ck all bitch" then the guy chased the kid down the street and thats all I saw. The dads one of those layabout tossers who drives a "scooby" with every chav accessory. This neighbourhood has gone to shit in the last 5/6 years. We've lived here a good while but it could be time to move.

Viva la France I wish things could be handled like that here, a hell of a lot would get sorted and the little buggers wouldn't be so quick to cause havoc.

Reply to
Matt

shot to the head is quickest most effective solution...

Reply to
big dom

Try something along these lines.....

Guy rang the cops and said his house had been broken in to. The police said they hadn't anyone to spare. He rang them back ten minutes later and said that he had now cornered the burglar in the bedroom and was about to shoot him with a 12 bore.

Three minutes later there were two helicopters and three vans of cops and a SWAT team there. They guy calmed them down and said it was only a break in.

"Thought you said you were gonna kill him " yelled the cop.

"Thought you said you had no one to spare "replied the guy.

Reply to
Sam Farrell

Fancy trying that in the UK though?

Thought not.

Reply to
PC Paul

Farecla G3 would be what I'd use. Preferably with a machine (can occasionally be picked up for around £25 in Netto and the likes, it's the same thing as an electric sander). OTOH you can use it by hand but obviously it's a bit more work - you have to rub it for a while for the abrasives to break down and leave a glossy finish. What colour car is it by the way?

Reply to
Doki

Metalic reflex silver

Reply to
BigToe

Should hide fairly easily then. I'd just compound it until the edges of the scratch in the clear aren't showing white. If you want to fill it a bit, lather on some aerosol clear coat and compound it back again in a week or so.

Reply to
Doki