Locking a Passat without activating the alarm

Hi all,

52 reg Passat - is there an easy way to lock it without turning the alarm on, from outside the car? I`d like to be able to leave the dog in it, but hed set the alarm off. i`ve tried locking the doors with the key but no joy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I *think* you can do it by locking the doors with the key, then giving it an extra turn again.

It's a while ago that I sold mine, so I'm not 100% sure, but I do have vague recollections from when my alarm was playing up.

Reply to
SteveH

Thanks, i`ll throw the dog in the back and give it a try :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

The way it's done on my BMW is by using the remote.

1 press on the button locks the car and sets the alarm in the normal way. A 2nd press on the same button, disables the interior and tilt sensors. Might be worth a try. Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

Simon Not certain by my 02 passat has a push button switch at the bottom of the B pillar by the drivers seat, im told that this turns off the interior motion sensors - but - I have not tried it.

Cheers Alec

Reply to
Alho