Lotus Carlton/Omega

The Wikipedia page on this car says 320 Carltons and 630 Omegas were built. I presume this means 320 RHD and 630 LHD. It seems quite a remarkable car to me. The equivalent Holden Commodores needed a lot more than 281 kW to get anywhere near the claimed speed of the Lotus 104.

Reply to
bruce56

162 left. Many have 6 months on the road and winter off.
The Holden was made wider increasing frontal area.
Reply to
Peter Hill

I read elsewhere that Commodore used the same floorpan as Omega, but other bits are different, so I wonder how it was wider. Specs seem to vary in different countries, e.g. width may or may not include mirrors. The doorshells look very similar too.

Reply to
bruce56