M reg Escort TD - grinding, steering???

Hi hope someone can help me on this one. I drive an M reg Escort TD 114,000 on the clock and have recently acquired a new noise to my car. I have spent too much as it is fixing it. So I just wanted some advice as too weather I can afford to leave the problem for a little bit.

When I slow down to a halt and the steering wheel is turning I get a horrible grinding noise. The noise isn't constant, but it is there when I slow down. Thing is I had my brakes replaced in May and my car has just passed it's MOT. Nothing was mentioned by the garage. I'm at a loss as I don't know a lot about cars, I have to trust what a garage tells me.

Can anyone advise me to what the problem might be??

Thanks

Sarah

Reply to
SH

"SH" mumbled:

Brake pads down to the metal? Sometimes slight play in the wheel bearings means that it's worse when turning.

Reply to
Guy King