Megane engine tapping sound.

I've just replaced the headgasket on my Megane ('98 1.6 8v K7M engine), and the job went reasonably smoothly except bending my first new headgasket (a lot to be said for engines that aren't tilted!).

Took it out for a short run to see how it went, and there seems to be a tapping noise from the engine. It's difficult to pin down where its coming from, but it is rev-related. I don't think it is pinking, and I can't see any reason for it to do so. Seems pretty load independent I reckon, so I thinking top-end noises. Could something with the rockers be amiss?

Reply to
Davemar