Megane Scenic radio Phillips

I have recently purchase a 2nd hand Megane Scenic 1.6 RT with a Phillips radio. The car didn't come with any operating manual. Had to change battery, and yep you've guessed it I don't have the Key Code for the radio (kids not very happy). First of all can anyone advise how and where I can get hold of the key code? I have had a look on the net, but they require the serial number for the radio, don't have a clue where to find this. I suspect it may be on the rear of the radio or maybe in the maunal (which I don't have), I don't know how to get access to this. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks very much.

Reply to
Pete C

The radio PIN code for my Megane is in the warranty servicing handbook (which is different to the operating manual) near the front, on page 3 (where half the page is cut out - the cut out bit was probably kept by the original selling garage when it was sold new). If you know who they were then they *might* still have a record of it. Alternatively, I think you can take it to any Renault garage and they fix it for you - but probably charge you something for the pleasure.

The serial is probably on the back of unit - can't you take it out of the dash and have a look. You just need to buy one of those removal tools - probably get it from Halfords.

Reply to
D.A.L.

Alternativly you can also use a old metal coat hanger, cut to size, they fit perfectly in the holes. smal screwdrivers work as well.

Dave

Reply to
Lakeuk

There are numerous outlets that will recode the radio for you for between £10 and £20. Just look in the Yellow Pages.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Many thanks to all those who responded, in the end I went down to the main dealer and they were able to look up my registration in their computer and retrieve the code, all for just over £7. They even asked for proof of ownership, just in case it had been nicked, quite impressed.

Reply to
Pete C