Merc 300te 4matic light

Just been for a first look (in the dark) at a Merc 300TE 4Matic. It all looks sound bodywise and seems to drive well. Only thing noticed was that the 4Matic warning light was on constantly. What does this indicate? What things should I look for tomorrow in the daylight? tia

Ants

Reply to
antony.adshead

In news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@rbi.co.uk decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

possibly knackered 4 matic :-(

Might just be a dodgy ABS sender, but if you're gonna get a 4 matic, get it checked over professionally. They're brilliant when they work, but they're as bad as a E34 BMW when they go wrong.

I'd just go for a nice 300TE-24 if I were you.

Reply to
Pete M

( snipped-for-privacy@rbi.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

a. That you've just found the "genuine reason for sale". b. That somebody's wallet is about to get a LOT lighter.

Reply to
Adrian

is it in northish London? I passed one the other day that was for sale if the 4matic light is on then I would suggest that there is a fault ask the seller to take it to Mercedes to see what it is or you could always ask them yourself?

Reply to
dojj

Sorry, I just would not buy a car of that parts price with a warning light showing. Well, if it was amazingly cheap, and I managed to find out that the problem was minor, fixable without dealer intervention etc. then I would be tempted. I like Mercs though...

Reply to
Taz

In news:5uydnV snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Taz decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Merc bits are very cheap indeed, unfortunately, the bits for the 4 matic system aren't. They're *mega* expensive.

Reply to
Pete M