Meriva Design access help

Thanks for looking. I'm a radio ham and looking to install a ham radio set in my Meriva Design. I need to get a power cable to the battery, but things look a bit tight and i cannot see anywhere obvious. Can anyone suggest the best route? Cheers

Reply to
Shaun

Is that like a CB???

You have a 20A supply to the cigar lighter, you could use that, failing that, I don't really know. Most modern cars, particularly VW's, use a Buzz bar for the power in a larger fuse box under the bonnet, I'm guessing you need to look there.

If you have a powered aerial take this from the towing outputs at the rear of the car.

Ask Vauxhall.

What are your power requirements?

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

The message from "Nik&Andy" contains these words:

Really? I thought they were usually 10A.

Reply to
Guy King

I'm not 100% sure, my Peugeot 406 and VW touran both have a 20A fuse to the cigar lighter feed, so I *assumed* most cars do!

But best check to be on safe side.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Most modern cars, particularly VW's, use a Buzz bar.

busbar, they don't swarm as much.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

LOL - I've never had to write it down...

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Ahh well, they say you learn 1 new thing everyday ! I am a power engineer so I could not resist the correction.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Believe it or not, I *was* a telecoms engineer for Marconi for 3 years, I used them daily, still never written down the word!

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Yes, but you set up the potential for the followup, induced me to do so and there's a capacity for more such posts from others in phase with your line.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

When you find a solution and complete the installation, can you send me details, please? I've an idea to set up a website of "installation ideas". Obviously; you will be credited with supplying the material.

Reply to
Brian Reay