Meriva tyre wear

I have a 53 Meriva 1.8 mainly driven by my wife - a mixture of urban & motorway driving - not driven particularly hard.

Both front tyres wore to destruction on the inside edge after 17k ( one year) -I admit that was rather lax in checking tyre wear.

Tracking was checked on replacement of the tyres ( out by 2.5mm)

Is there anything other than tracking that could cause this? Does anyone have similar experience of tyre wear on a Meriva?

Reply to
smallholder

Though not good, 17k doesn't sound too awful for fronts in urban use - what brand of tyres were they? Bear in mind that one good pothole or kerbing could have thrown the tracking out enough to screw up the wear rate, especially if you've not been keeping an eye on them.

I cover high motorway miles and my tyres last well and the tracking rarely needs adjusting. My wife covers an average non motorway (more rural then urban) mileage and her tracking is always miles out on checking. It's been the same on all our cars, and we have a very trusted tyre dealer who charges for checking the tracking rather than adjusting it - which I prefer as I seem to get the truth, and in reality those places that charge for adjustments always claim it needs adjusting anyway!

Reply to
Doctor D