Metal fuel line replacing

Need to replace the metal fuel line on a Audi 80 tdi. The return pipe from the filter to tank is all corroded and eventaully needs replacing, i have patch one section up with rubber pipe and jubilee clips as a temp measure.

Cant find anywhere that sells the metal pipe except Audi dealer, they want £130 for both pipes and are not sold as single items, i only need the return feed pipe as the the main feed is in excellent condition. The return feed pipe is smaller in diameter than the main feed approx.

5-6mm in diameter.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Reply to
ian

dealer, they

the

condition.

approx.

Couldn't you make something up, using Kunifer tube. Non corrosive, and doesn't age harden. Any decent motor factors should hold it in stock. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Mike

Bought the kunifer piping on friday, cost me £20 for 25ft.

Fitted the piping on friday, took me around 4 hours in total to fit.

I wanted to take the existing pipe off in one piece and use it as a template but but it was coiled round the master cylinder and steering rack so i had to cut it into 3 pieces. Uncoiling the new piping and feeding it along the car wasn't too bad. Decided to do both main and return fuel pipe and had about 5 ft to spare. One of the hardest things to do was to fasten the piping to the underfloor using the existing clamps. A rubber mounting thats slides over the pipes and a spring clip. Secret was getting the pipes perfectly straight and fitting flush against the underside of the car.

Reply to
ian

A bit better than the £130 you were quoted. :-) And better than the original. It'll never need replacing again unless it gets physically damaged. I never replace pipes, fuel, brakes etc, with anything but Kunifer. The OEM bundy tubing normally fitted is crap IMO, especially if you intend to keep a car for some time. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G