Micra wipers problem

My K11 Micra wipers won't work properly on 'intermittent'; they just stay on all the time. Also, when I switch the wipers off, they don't return to the proper rest position.

I've just fitted a brand new new wiper switch/stalk assembly, but it's not helped. So where might the problem lie? Cheers.

Reply to
Loner

check the wiring at the wiper motor, particularly any earth connections, the parking is done by an ignition switched lead to the wiper motor, i.e. when the ignition is on, one of the leads to the wiper motor is live.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I know someone who's Micra has the exact same problem. It will cost £200 for a new motor! So to speak.

So the Micra garage says.

He's just left it as it is.

chas

Reply to
chas

Hmmm...I bet a new motor can be had a lot cheaper than that!

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

I'd have thought so too, but surely there's nowt wrong with my wiper motor? The wipers work fine.. it's just the intermittent wipe and the park, that are faulty.

Reply to
Loner

There will be a cam operated switch inside the motor to tell it where to park. This is powered separately - always live with the ignition on. The intermittent circuit just feeds a pulse to the motor to start it then this 'cam' switch takes over to provide the power until the end of the sweep where it then opens and stops the motor in the correct position.

They're usually quite obvious if you can remove the motor and strip it down.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll have a go if it's not too much hassle. Thanks for the replies all.

Reply to
Loner

DON'T take the switch apart, Just spray it with some sort of contact cleaner, and maybe bend the switch arm a little and manually operate the tiny switch button with your finger nail a dozen or couple of times No experience myself with the micra car, but lots of experience with the little micra switches used in the construction, but in a different field, so small they are easily subjected to build up of dirt

Reply to
Domestos