Mirror removal

The driver's mirror that glues to the interior side of the windscreen has broken, what's the best way to remove it to put on a new one.. I glued it a few months ago.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Garland

The message from "Garland" contains these words:

Do you mean the stem is still attached to the screen? If so - be gently and use a sharp knife but don't pry too hard. Can you remember what glue you stuck it with?

As for resticking it... There's a mirror gluing kit which has a mesh with the activator and a tube of glue. I've never had one come off again which has been stuck with that stuff.

Tip: Warm the windscreen with a warm water bottle on the outside in this weather.

Reply to
Guy King

I used 'Loctite Retainer' once on an old van. Held the stem in position with Sellotape whilst it set. Was still in place when the van was scrapped 3 years later. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Garland (.) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What car is it?

You may find that the actual mirror isn't glued to the screen - just a small mounting bracket is. The mirror and stem themselves clip to the bracket.

Reply to
Adrian