Mitsubushi Colt - on snow

friend asked me to try out their 55 plate Colt today - compared to my s reg fiesta it was atrocious - practically no traction whatsoever... Tyres are about 4 mill as compared to my 5mm on fiesta...

I think its just poor tyre pattern but anything that might make it worse than other fwd minicars? Weight etc?

Anyone recommend a good brand of winter tyres for it - think its just a

1.1 with sporty wheels.
Reply to
Paul

Snow Socks are the answer.

OK, winter tyres may be the best solution, but snow socks will get you out of some very tricky situations.

I managed in up to 12" of the white stuff yesterday with mine. (1st 2 photos were taken at 8am, it got progressively worse from there onwards - final shots were taken around 3pm)

SteveH

Vredestein SNOWTRAC 3

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Hmm like the look of those - are they legal?

Reply to
Paul

Can't find evidence either way on the 'net - but the police I encountered on my journey didn't seem to mind.

Reply to
SteveH

Do they work on an icy road or just soft snow?

Reply to
Rob

They got me going away from some traffic lights on a hill in the slushy / icy stuff where snow had defrosted and semi-frozen again.

Reply to
SteveH

What life do you expect from them? and what do they cost?

Reply to
Rob

No idea on life - but they were under 40 quid a pair.

You can only use them on slippery stuff and up to 30mph - but they'd wear very quickly on tarmac.

Very much a 'get me home' solution, or for pottering to the shops in heavy snow.

Reply to
SteveH

Thanks

Reply to
Rob

YKIMS

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Snow socks are brilliant. My A2 is crap in snow but bulldozed through it with them on ... Up until I came upon a stuck lorry on the M80 that is, when nothing helps! But take them off on tarmac - I lost one that way!

Make traction aids compulsory November through to March!

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

Paul gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

If you want some now, rather than in spring, then the only real answer is "Whatever you can get..."

Reply to
Adrian

Police use 'em here.

Reply to