Mixing Blue/Red Coolant, The prevention of.

I have recently changed some coolant pipes on SWMBOs Jazz. It was due a coolent change anyway. When I bought replacement coolant I was supplied with the correct "Red - OA" type. However some years earlier it had been filled with blue. I understand the two shouldnt be mixed...?

How far do I have to go in relation to getting all the blue out?

Basically i have drained the radiator about 10 times but the block stays full, I have trickled water in the filler for about 15 mins with the engine running. The water coming out after a day driving around has a mere hint of blue, should I keep going until clear?

Reply to
Tom Burton

Unlikely to be a problem now. Unless you can locate the block drain screw that's as good as you're going to get. And you've probably done a damn sight more than whoever put the blue in after the original OAT (and thereby would have more chance of creating problems which you presumably haven't suffered with.)

Reply to
Scott M