MK2 golf 1.8 starting probs

Any words of wisdom regards starting problems on a MK2 golf (not gti) peirburg carb. Vacum pipes, auto choke, the whole carb, thermo senors?

TIA jayson

Reply to
JAddi75292

IME it's most likely to be the auto-choke. Best thing to do is to junk it and fit a manual conversion - available from German & Swedish or Eurocarparts.

However, I've been through everything on mine (carb, autochoke, points, plugs, leads) and finally tracked it down to my fuel pump.

Reply to
SteveH