MK2 Mondeo Window Seals

Hi,

My 1997 MK2 Mondeo seems to be having an issue with its driver and front passenger window seals on the exterior - just below the rubber seal there's a length of solid (ish) spongy stuff - this appears to be growing and turning chalky in places, causing marks on the windows and impeding their movement. It's also pushing the external rubber seals away from the window in places.

It's always been a problem on the driver's side but I noticed that it's finding its way onto the passenger's side. Any idea what this stuff is? Easy to fix and prevent from recurring? I've never seen this on any other car, no matter how old.

Reply to
Mr Roflcopter

Mr Roflcopter wrote in news:42d8142e$0$6308 $ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net:

Wax? Do you use a car wash or jet wash with a wax rinse, or a wax enriched car shampoo? If so, the wax residue can collect in the rubber guides and impede the movement of th window glass - I've had that before.

Reply to
Stu

I do use wax, but I don't think that this is the problem.

The stuff that is becoming chalky and crumbling is like a strip of felt along the window under the external seal - i.e. it's supposed to be there, it's just decaying.

Cheers,

Reply to
Mr Roflcopter