MKII Golf CV joint boot

Seeing as I smashed the passat up last week, I've got to get the old Golf GTi summer project on the road asap. So far this weekend, I've replaced all the rear brake lines, replaced the exhaust replaced the headlights, sorted the washers and number plate light. This morning was spent doing a wishbone bush.

All I have left now is the N/S CV joint boot. I have a CV joint boot kit. According to the book of lies, the way to do this is remove the driveshaft at the gearbox end and pull it out from there.

Is this correct? Or is there another way which isn't quite as tricky. Can I not remove the hub and wheelbearing assembly instead of having to arse about under the car even more. I'm still a bit tender from the accident :-(

thanks for your help

mike

Reply to
Mike P

It's easier to disconnect at the gearbox, buy a new driver for the bolts before you start.

Reply to
Duncan Wood