Mondeo 1.8 TD 1999

Hallo

I have one of these cars, it starts well but recently developed a fault where once its been warming up a couple of minutes (but still way short of normal operating temp) its starts juddering and producing blue smoke, as if one cyclinder was misfiring - this is extremely noticeable at idle but slightly better if moving.

After a while when the engine gets to its usual temperature it seems to be OK, normal amounts of power and its usual smooth idle when stopped.

My local garage put in some cleaning additive and told me to go for a long run, I also asked them to change the oil.

Well I've done two 20+ mile runs now, one motorway and one on A roads and so far the problem is still there.

Any advice or personal recommondations for a garage in the Kingswood / Bristol area welcomed.

Cheers

Reply to
NickName

In message , NickName writes

The injection pump advance solenoid is a known problem on these and would produce the blue smoke you describe.

Reply to
Paul Giverin