Mondeo 98R -1.8LX - 2 Questions Hopefully Someone Can Answer

1) I have had a replacement windscreen fitted, but the guy turned up with a heated one (mine was originally non-heated), so I let him fit that.

He said the wiring was there anyway, when he removed the cowl covering the bulk head and so it could wired up.

Has anyone done this ?

What needs doing?,

Is is just a relay/fuses/switch etc if so which / where /how etc.....

Any help on the above would be very much appreciated !!!!!!!

2) I have heard that Mondeos have a problem pulling to the left, is this right as mine has started doing this. Now I know it's not the front tyres or the brakes, but I have not yet had the tracking tested which it could be.

But if is not the tracking - Is this problem true and is there a known reason for it.?

Mondeo Owner

Reply to
Mondeo Owner

Haynes _may_ help with this.

The switch is next to the heated rear screen, and there will be a honking big relay in the relay box in the engine bay.

Front wishbones are a known weak-spot on these cars. It could be those, or if the clutch has been replaced, the front subframe may not have been re- aligned.

Given it's only just started, it could be tracking (I always used to knock mine out by parking close to the kerb, putting the steering on full lock, which touched the kerb as the wheel was turning, and knocked it out.

I'd certainly get the tracking looked at. If you're not happy with the result, take it back until you are happy!

Pete

Reply to
Pete Smith

Someone, a year or two back, posted details on how to do this. Can't remember anymore than that so you'll have to Google - don't think it was terribly complicated though.

Reply to
Scott M