Mondeo Air Conditioning problem

Hi,

I have a 2001 Mondeo 2.0 Auto. The problem is with the air conditioning. It's had a good work out recently and now after about an hour of use it just stops blowing out cold air. Then the blowers go mad trying to cool the car with warm air. If you park the car for a few hours, it will work again when you next switch it on.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem?

thanks,

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Maybe it's low on Gas which can cause them to build up an Ice-bank, it may turn off to thaw out or something, just a guess....

Andy

Reply to
Denley

Just a guess...... does the condenser have ice on it ?

Reply to
Nigel

Hmm. I would check for ice if I knew where to look. Whereabouts should I look in the engine compartment ?

Neil

Reply to
Neil

I think the condenser is under the radiator, if it's iced up it probably needs a recharge

Reply to
Nigel